Three Reasons Become A Member of Your Energy District:
1) Keep and Reinvest Energy Dollars Locally
Local Energy is a tremendous opportunity to create a vibrant local economy for generations. Your Energy District is steadily tackling the $50-75 million that leaves the local economy in energy costs every year, generating major economic activity right here at home.
2) Support the Clean Energy Transition
Energy Districts support the transition to clean energy by combining energy efficiency (energy not used is the cleanest, cheapest energy!) and locally owned renewable energy. Your Energy District puts boots on the ground to provide technical assistance, financial analysis, and help with implementation.
3) Promote a Healthy Environment
A Healthy Environment for our kids requires REDUCING CLIMATE POLLUTION NOW, and this work starts at home. Your Energy District is a leading voice in Iowa energy and climate policy. We aim to keep our members and our communities informed and engaged. Learn more about our services or explore energy education events.
These goals can only be achieved locally, as a collective effort, from the ground up.
Two Ways to Support your Energy District:
This option is perfect for those who wish to support the Winneshiek Energy District yearly during the end of year member drive, Nov. 1 – Dec 31st.
All donations are tax-deductible under 501(c)3 IRS rules. Winneshiek Energy District; PO box 14; Decorah, IA, 52101. Check, ACH, Credit Card, and PayPal donations accepted.
One time setup allows your gift to be spread throughout the year through an electronic funds transfer (EFT). Print this Sustaining-Member-Donation-form-with-blanks and follow the instructions for a convenient way to spread your gift throughout the year.
Why start a sustaining membership?
- One-time setup: Print the PDF (side menu) and follow the directions. This authorizes our organization to debit your account monthly. It’s that simple!
- You can end your giving at any time by submitting a request in writing.
- You get to choose the monthly giving date that works best for you.
- Take the financial stress out of the holiday season by spreading your gift throughout the year!
- A generous donor is offering to MATCH your first month’s donation for new sustaining members. This opportunity is available until December 31st, 2017.